6 medium granny smith apples. Peeled, cored and sliced thin
2 Tablespoons white sugar
½ teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup old-fashioned oats
¾ cup all –purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup COLD butter
1 10oz jar of Sanders Caramel Topping
1 tub of Sanders Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2) Toss apple slices with white sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat: pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
3) Slightly warm the jar of Sanders Cinnamon Pear Caramel topping in the microwave or in a pot of warm water on the stove. Drizzle half of the jar evenly over the layer of apples in the dish.
4) Mix brown sugar, oats, flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or fork to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread the crumbly oat mixture over the apples to the edge of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
5) Drizzle the remaining half jar of Sanders Cinnamon Pear Caramel topping evenly over the crumbled oat mixture in the dish.
6) Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.
7) Serve with a scoop of Sanders Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream.
WATCH THE RECIPE AS SHOWN ON FOX 2 DETROIT NEWS
If you have a recipe to share, please send it to email@example.com. Your recipe just might appear on our website and/or our Pinterest board!